Happy valentines day to all my loves of my life!
Hope your day is filled with lots and lots of chocolate, flowers + just feeling loved!
It’s not valentines day without some chocolate or something sweet, I know I’m going to be getting lots of chocolate throughout the next few days, so I wanted to do something a little more tart!
How about some “stud muffins” 😉 Creamy, tart & perfect for today.
What you need:
- 2/3 cup 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of milk + 1 tbsp. vinegar OR low-fat buttermilk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high-speed until blended. Add the sugar; beat until fluffy.
Add your vanilla, egg whites and 1 egg. Beat together.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With mixer on low speed …add in the flour mixture with milk/ buttermilk to the ream cheese mixture, gently fold in raspberries.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin cups/ spray with cooking spray. Spoon your batter evenly into liners
Bake at 350° 20-22 minutes, cool, eat and enjoy!
Today, I’m linking up with the baking queen, Davida who posted some mouth-watering valentines treat all week long- go check them out and what others baked as well. Today is the great bake off!
Do you celebrate valentines day with your significant other/ or friends?
We aren’t too big on V-day, maybe cause my birthday is the day after, so haven’t really ever “celebrated” with a dinner. But we do give cute cards + sweets and Pandora charms! 😉